Organizations Find Hospitality Training Vital to Success
The 2016 Blue Ridge Hospitality Training workshops held in partnership with Biltmore and four community colleges are being hailed as vitally important to the success of many types of businesses. Below are the research and mystery shopping results:
Final Summary Report of Research Findings by Magellan Strategy Group for the 2016 Blue Ridge Heritage Hospitality Training
Testimonials from the Training
"Thank you all for working so hard to make this grant possible in our county and in WNC. Everyone I was able to network with very pleased. We will relay all of our Hospitality Learning to our Downtown Waynesville neighbors and guests. We are smiling!"
Downtown Waynesville Association
"The workshop was fantastic and I thought of several ways to link lodging and Agritourism."
Debra Sloan, North Carolina Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services, Agribusiness Development
"Great workshop! Good facility, equally good presentations, delicious lunch, warm welcome, well worth it. We had six people attend."
Harris Prevost, Vice President, Grandfather Mountain Stewardship Foundation
Part of the program was presented by Biltmore's Center for Professional Development and focused on their "Gracious Hospitality" customer service ideals. Participants worked in small groups and offered ideas of their own with a sticky note board exercise. The Blue Ridge National Heritage Area Partnership provided information to help hospitality workers know more about what there is to see and do in their areas.
Below is a list of those who participated with links to their businesses.
- Baxley's Chocolates, Inc.
- Cherokee Mountain Cabins
- Drake Lodging, LLC
- Evolution Wine Kitchen
- Franklin Area Chamber of Commerce
- Hampton Inn & Suites. Cashiers/Sapphire Valley
- Haywood Community College
- Holiday Inn Express, Sylva
- Jackson County Government
- Jackson County Chamber & Visitor Center
- Jackson County Department on Aging
- Jackson County Public Schools
- Jackson County Tourism Development Authority
- Museum of the Cherokee Indian
- Signature Brew Cafe & Coffee Company
- Southwestern Commission
- Southwestern Community College's Small Business Center
- Southwestern Community College
- The High Hampton Inn & Country Club
- The Swag
- Western Carolina University
- Anything Office, Inc.
- Blue Moose Coffee Lodge
- Brown Mountain Beech Resort
- Caldwell Chamber of Commerce
- Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute
- Caldwell Cooperative Extension
- Caldwell Public Library
- City of Lenoir
- Lakeside Project Solutions
- Lenoir Business Advisory Board
- Lenoir Downtown Development
- Reliable Insurance Agency, Inc.
- The Coves Mountain River Club
- The Rusty Rooster
- Wilkes Heritage Museum
- Beverly-Hanks and Associates, Waynesville
- Blue Ridge Books
- Brandt Entertainment/Ghost Town Village
- Cataloochee Ranch
- Cataloochee Ski Area
- Christmas is Everyday
- Downtown Waynesville Association
- Four Seasons Inn
- Haywood County TDA
- Henderson County TDA
- J Arthurs Restaurant
- JCM Hospitality Consulting & The Jeweler's Workbench
- Maggie Valley Creekside Lodge
- Mast General Store
- NC Dept. of Agriculture & Consumer Service
- Oak Park Lodging, Inc.
- Olde Brick House
- Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute-PARI
- Qualla Java Cafe
- The Brenjo Corporation-Joey's
- Town of Tryon
- Warren Wilson College
- Wells Events & Reception Center
- Wells Funeral Homes, Inc.
- 4 Seasons at Beech and Virginia Carolina Inns, Inc.
- Asheville Art Museum
- Asheville Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Avery County Chamber of Commerce
- Beech Mountain Chamber of Commerce & TDA
- Beech Mountain Resort
- Blue Door Spa & Salon
- Charlie's Beech Mountain Realty & Rentals
- Eagle's Nest
- Grandfather Mountain
- Holston Presbytery Camp & Retreat Center
- JB Media Group LLC
- Linville Caverns
- Linville Falls Campground, RV Park & Cabins
- Mayland Community College
- Mitchell County Chamber of Commerce
- Penland Gallery & Visitors Center
- Penland School of Crafts
- Something Special Gift Shop
- Springmaid Mountain, Leroy Springs Co.
- The Buck House Inn on Bald Mountain Creek
- The Historic Orchard at Altapass
- Thistledown on Yellow Mountain
- Toe River Arts Council
- Town of Beech Mountain
- Yancey County/Burnsville Chamber of Commerce
- Yancey History Association
The workshops were funded in part by grants from Duke Energy, Blue Ridge Electric Membership Corporation, and the Appalachian Regional Commission and a generous in-kind contribution from The Biltmore Company.